Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ice Cream Bon Bon

Christmas in July dinner party. I was on dessert. I thought I'd try something different and make a bon bon ice cream. I put vanilla ice cream, mixed berries, Lindt chocolate and crushed meringue, mixed it all together. I won't show you how it looked mixed. It somehow didn't look as yummy.



I used a soup ladel to get the shape and put it on baking paper. Put it to set in the freezer. This is where MasterChef comes in, because I think I needed a blast freezer. Because it didn't set :(( It looked like it had set, but after two minutes it was still too soft.



So, I thought I'd put chocolate set topping thinking it would hold the ice cream all in together. But then it looked good, but the ice cream melted out and only the chocolate shell was left :(( But one did work. It must've been more to the bottom of the freezer.



It was supposed to look like this served on the plate. So I saved one. And I made everyone taste it that night, because it was nice.



I had a back up dessert, thinking people wouldn't eat it because it was rocky road. They actually loved it and ate the whole Christmas tree, except for the star, because that was metal.


Amron Jewels Website
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment